Yoga Therapist Training
An 850-hour IAYT accredited Yoga Therapist Training that can be completed over 3 years.
Located at Be The Change Yoga studio in Orange County, CA, we offer a hybrid model with zoom + in-studio training options.
What is the structure of the training?
A 300hr Yoga Teacher Training registered with Yoga Alliance, this 13-month program provides the foundations of yoga therapy with broad strokes yoga therapy practices. Program begins every February with in-studio and virtual options.
Starting every August, students enrolled in our Level 1 program can take Level 2 classes concurrently; otherwise an RYT500 is a prerequisite. Level 2.1 coursework includes 7 months of Yoga Therapy for Musculoskeletal Ailments and Level 2.2 consists of 6 months of Yoga Therapy for the Energetic Body, focusing on all the systems of the body.
A natural extension of Level 2 programming, trainees will matriculate into Level 3 the following October. Level 3.1 focuses on Yoga Therapy for the Mental / Emotional / Spiritual Bodies over 6 months, while Level 3.2 consists of Integrative Medicine and Special Population coursework from April to November. Trainees will begin their practicum during Level 3.
In total, the entire 850 hour program takes 32 months / 2 years 8 months for students taking all 3 levels.For those who are entering as an RYT500 and starting with Level 2, the program will take 26 months.
Want to learn more?
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re a yoga teacher looking to add a therapeutic lens to your offerings or have the desire to build an integrative health career, we’d love to have you connect with us and advance your studies!
What if I have not completed a 300hr Training?
You must enroll in Be The Change Yoga’s 300hr Yoga Training first before moving on to our Level 2 Yoga Therapist Training or if approved, you may take the 300hr / Level 1 courses concurrently with Level 2/3 courses. Our 300hr training makes up Level 1 of our Yoga Therapist Training. The 300hr courses can are taken over a 13 month period. New courses will begin every February.
What if I have completed a 300hr Training?
Trainees who have completed a 300hr Yoga Alliance registered training are eligible to begin Level 2 training; which begins every August. In advance of the admissions process, a transcript evaluation will be conducted with a Program Director to determine the number of transfer hours that directly relate to yoga therapy core competencies.
Per IAYT standards, AlcheMē will accept up to 150 transfer hours from Yoga Alliance registered 300hr Yoga Teacher Training Programs and up to 300 hours from IAYT registered Yoga Therapist Training Programs. All transfer students must complete the foundational Bridge Program; which consists of Yoga Therapy Foundations, Practice and Public Health Course, as well as The Yoga Sutras Course. These classes can be taken with a pre-recorded option or synchronously with the next Level 1 cohort with zoom or in-studio options. Other classes may be added to the bridge program based upon content from previous trainings.
How much does the training cost?
We have developed a monthly auto-pay plan to make tuition more affordable and easier to manage. Tuition includes studio membership at Be The Change Yoga for duration of the training.
Level 1 Tuition
Trainees will complete the Level 1 application and once accepted into the program, will submit a $600 registration fee. Once the Level 1 courses start in February, trainees will be enrolled in our auto-pay program at $299 per month for 13 months. All Level 1 trainees must submit an application for Level 2.
Level 2 Tuition
Upon submission of Level 2 application, a non-refundable $600 registration fee is due. The remaining balance can be paid over 26 months at $345 a month using our auto-pay program. The total cost of Levels 2-3 of our Yoga Therapist Training is $9570, plus another $200 in books. Tuition includes Level 3 practicum supervision.
If Levels 2/3 are paid in full, trainee will receive $1000 off, with a total tuition of $8570 as a one time payment before the program begins.
Levels 1/2 Concurrent Option
Trainees taking the concurrent option receive tuition savings of $1350. Starting with Level 1 coursework in February, their autopay will be $299 per month for first 7 months, then their auto-pay will be adjusted to $385 per month for 26 more months throughout the duration of the training. Only one $600 registration fee is due upon admission into Level 1 program.
We do not currently offer scholarships or financial aid. Levels 1-3 total tuition: $14,057 (over 3.3 years, plus +/- $300 book fees)
- Our auto-pay program includes a one-time $600 non-refundable registration fee and a $345 per month commitment for 26 months on autopay totaling $9,570
- Trainee will receive a full refund (minus the registration fee) if they withdraws from the training at least 3 days before taking any 300hr classes by notifying Be The Change Yoga in writing.
- If trainee chooses to withdraw from the training after the initial start date, they can cancel the monthly auto-pay program. Any tuition paid once classes have been taken is non-refundable.
- Any unused tuition will remain on trainee’s account for future trainings at then current, a la carte rate, minus a $200 administrative fee.
- If trainee withdraws from the autopay program and seeks to re-enroll for 850hr certification at a later date, a $200 administrative fee will be required. Trainee will resume autopay at the then current price.
- If trainee continues enrollment in the auto-pay program but is unable to attend all courses during the 26-month period; they can complete the 26-month autopay program and apply the funds towards future 850hr YTT classes and complete the coursework at a later date.
- The 850hr Yoga Teacher Training program must be completed within a 3.3 year period.
What is the time commitment?
Level 1 of our training consists of:
- One full weekend per month for 18 weekends over a 13-month period.
- Friday 5:00-8:15pm PST
- Saturday 12:30-6:30pm PST
- Sunday 12:30-6:15pm PST
Levels 2/3 of our Yoga Therapist Training consists of:
- One full weekend per month for 21 weekends over a 27-month period
- Saturday 8:00-11:00am Zoom
- Saturday: 12:30 – 3:30 pm (L2) and 12:30 – 5:30 pm (L3) Zoom or In Person
- Sunday 12:30-5:30pm (Zoom or In Person)
- One Sunday morning per month of Small Group Mentorship; which meets from 9:00-11:00am (L2) and 9:00-12:00pm (L3) conducted virtually via Zoom.
- 2-4 hours of asynchronous coursework per month
Levels 2/3 course meet one full weekend and one Monday night a month for for 27 months. There will be 3-5 hours per month of reading and homework.
What if I miss a Yoga Therapist Training class?
There are a few options for class make ups.
• Trainees are allowed to miss one small group mentorship session without making it up.
• If a trainee is absent for a Yoga Therapy weekend intensive, he / she can make them up the next year at no additional cost or schedule a make-up session with a mentor (at the hourly rate of the mentor – $55 an hour or $35 an hour for a group of 2 or more).
• If a trainee misses 2 weekend intensives in a row, the classes will have to be made up by scheduling a make-up session with a mentor prior to continuing the program.
• To receive certification, trainees can make-up a maximum of 2 weekend intensives per year
How do I apply?
Please fill out the application form CLICK HERE and email Katie@bethechangeyoga.com after submission. In addition, submit your two letters of recommendation (1 personal and 1 professional) using the following Letters of Recommendation Link. We will review your materials and reply in 1-2 weeks. Upon acceptance into the program, you can pay the $600 registration fee. Tuition for month 1 will be due on the first day of class, as trainees become enrolled in the monthly autopay program.
Contact a Program Director
We’d love to get to know you! To hear about your experience teaching yoga and why you are interested in studying yoga therapy!